Monday, January 26, 2015

Snickerdoodle Bars

You know when you get tired of the same dessert or cookie? Well, I do. And my backup cookie has always been Snickerdoodles. I love the taste of cinnamon. It's definitely been one of my favorite flavors/scents. I love cinnamon gum, candles, hot chocolate, and desserts. There's something about the spicy sweetness that just gets me. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked really good, so I thought I'd try it. And trust me, it was worth it. They are Heavenly!! Seriously, they're so thick, soft, chewy, and sweet. I was converted, honestly. And now I'm sure this recipe will be on my favorites list. If you don't believe me on how good these are, just try it. You won't be able to disagree!

Snickerdoodle Bars

1 cup unsalted butter, softened  $1.75
1 cup sugar  $.35
1 cup light brown sugar  $.26
2 eggs  $.24
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla  $.12
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder  $.04
2 tsp. cinnamon  $.03
2 1/2 cup flour  $.20

topping:
1/4 cup sugar  $.04
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon  $.02

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and flour and mix until the dough is smooth.
On a greased 9x13 pan (or lined with parchment paper), press the dough into an even layer. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar stopping.
Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes. Cool, slice, serve.

Total Estimated Cost: $3.05
Servings: 20
Cost Per Serving: $.15

No comments:

Post a Comment