Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pesto Pasta

Pesto, pesto, pesto. That is my husband's love (besides me and Legos). For Latter-Day Saints (the religious denomination I am affiliated with, also known as Mormons), it is normal for young men and women to go throughout the world and preach the Word of God. For my husband, he was privileged to serve in Italy. Can you imagine how jealous I was that he got to serve in a country known for it's food!?
Well, because of this, he fell in love with pesto. Now, I have to share with you a super delicious and easy dinner idea that is sure to please the whole family.



Pesto Pasta
1 pound bow tie pasta  $.88
1/2 cup walnuts  $.12
1 can pinto beans  $.69
1 container of pesto (or use my pesto recipe)  $3.95
Parmesan cheese
salt

Bring large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until done. While pasta is cooking, finely chop walnuts, drain pinto beans, and make pesto sauce. Drain pasta once it is cooked, put into a bowl or back into the pot. Stir in walnuts, beans, pesto. Add cheese and salt to flavor. Enjoy!

Tips: As you can see in my picture, I added chicken. Try adding chunks of tomato, ground sausage, or lots of cheese!
Total Estimated Cost: $5.64
Servings: 6
Cost Per Serving: $.94

No comments:

Post a Comment