Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tomato-Mozzarella Salad

In my cooking class we made this salad and I was in love. I'm not a huge fan of eating tomatoes in large chunks or by themselves. But, when they're smothered in pesto and with mozzarella cheese, I couldn't help but stuff myself! This is a super easy, quick, but amazingly delicious recipe as a side or appetizer for your next meal. Don't be shy, try this recipe out! You won't be disappointed.



Tomato- Mozzarella Salad

1 batch of pesto (find my recipe here)  $3.95
1 lb. heirloom tomatoes  $.80
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes  $1.00
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt 
black pepper
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella  $2.89

Make pesto, set aside. Slice tomatoes, cut cherry tomatoes in half, slice mozzarella. Arrange however you want. Drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle salt and pepper. Top with pesto. Serve cold. 

Total Estimated Cost: $8.64
Servings: 6
Cost Per Serving: $1.44

No comments:

Post a Comment