Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Breakfast Burritos

One thing that Treyton and I love to eat are breakfast burritos, even for dinner. They're so good! I love sausage, cheese, eggs, and all that yummy goodness. Eating breakfast burritos (or any kind of burrito) is kind of our thing, especially when we don't know what else to make for dinner. So, the other night Treyton wanted breakfast burritos for dinner, but we didn't have flour tortillas. That's when I whipped out a super easy recipe I found and made homemade tortillas and breakfast burrito filling. They were both easy, fast, and I already had everything I needed in my fridge.


Breakfast Burrito Filling
1 lb. breakfast sausage  $2.99
1/2 medium onion  $.25
1/2 green pepper  $.40
5 eggs  $.80
1/2 cup milk  $.10
salt
pepper

Dice the onion and pepper, then cook them with the sausage on medium. Brown the sausage until fully cooked. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add milk, add salt and pepper to eggs (a couple of shakes is all you need). Pour scrambled eggs mixture into the frying pan that has the sausage. Stir occasional and cook the scrambled eggs until they are to your liking. Add cheese on top. Serve right up into your breakfast burrito!

Ideas: Try different kinds of cheese: cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella. Treyton and I also use turkey sausage, which is cheaper and healthier. You can also add country fried potatoes or hash browns to your burritos.
Top With: cheese, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce

Total Estimated Cost: $4.54
Servings: 4
Total Cost Per Serving: $1.14

No comments:

Post a Comment