Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

I remember growing up, having peanut butter cookie bars. My favorite combination is peanut butter and chocolate, so you can see why I would love these. They're so soft, chewy, and sweet. Here at the local grocery store, Macey's, they sell these bars. Every time I go to the store, I can't help but want to buy them as my mouth waters while passing them in the bakery section. I decided to make an end to my craving that I've been having constantly for the last week and a half, and made them.

I love them so much, I'd eat them myself. So, I had to take them to work to make sure I didn't do so. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.



Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

1/2 cup melted butter  $1.75
1/2 cup light brown sugar  $.24
1/2 cup sugar  $.13
1 cup of creamy peanut butter  $2.00
1 egg, room temperature  $.12
1 teaspoon vanilla extract  $.03
1 1/3 cup flour  $.11 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder  $.01
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of dark or milk chocolate chips  $1.00


cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla together.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour, powder, soda, and salt together.  Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients. Mix until dough is just combined.  The dough will be crumbly. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Grease and flour an a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Dump cookie dough into pan and press firmly to spread out dough until you have leveled out the dough. 

Bake for 18 minutes at 350⁰F, or until dough is firm to the touch and light brown color. Remove pan from oven. Pour chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place back in the oven and bake for another 2-4 minutes.  Remove and spread the chocolate evenly with a knife. Let the cookie cool. Cut and serve. 

Total Estimated Cost: $5.39
Servings: 16 squares
Cost Per Serving: $.34

This is such a good recipe to take as a snack for parties, holidays, gatherings, weekends, weekdays, mornings, afternoons, evenings. .... basically for any time. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment