Saturday, September 20, 2014

My Love of Cake

I have always loved baking, but more than anything, I have loved decorating cakes. Whether it is cupcakes, birthday cakes, wedding cakes, or any other kind of cake for a special occasion, I always try to find an excuse to decorate a cake.


There is a sense of pleasure I get when creating different cake and icing flavors, designing the look of a cake, and carrying out the  process. I have taught myself how to decorate cakes. Growing up I loved to use my mom's big pastry bags to decorate cookies, make my own birthday cake, and play around with decorating things when I could. I was also fortunate to help decorate cakes at Dairy Queen, which allowed me to practice different techniques and decorations.

Once I was older, I started buying my own supplies and have begun to work on my skills even more so. Here are some pictures of cakes I have made:


This cake was made for one of my best friend's (Polyana) wedding 

A Reese's cake, just because

Birthday cake and cupcakes for my Pixar-loving best buddy, Brian Clayton

Mickey Mouse cake for my Disney-loving roommate, Brittany

S'mores cupcakes for a summer cook-out

For me, cake decorating is therapeutic and a lot of fun. I LOVE decorating cakes. If any of you are interested in me making a cake or cupcakes, let me know!

A Little Add-On:
One person I admire to is the "Cake Boss". I love watching him work and always wish I could have as many opportunities to decorate cakes. If you don't know who the Cake Boss is, check out this YouTube video and see for yourself. 




My goal is to one day have all the fancy tools like he does and be able to create beautiful masterpieces.

Also, here's part 2 for anyone who wants to see the end results of this cake:


No comments:

Post a Comment