Wednesday, September 17, 2014

One of My Inspirations

Many people wonder why I got started in doing a food blog of all things. Yes, I love to cook. Yes, I want to teach others about cooking. But, one of the biggest inspirations for starting a food blog is my sister, Melissa.



She is amazing. She shares my passion for food and cooking. A few years back she started her own food blog. I saw how much she loved trying out new recipes, sharing the recipes, taking pictures, and doing what she loves. You may have heard of her, and if not, you should!

Melissa

Her name is Melissa Griffiths and you NEED to visit her blog at blessthismessplease.com. I have loved talking to her about new things she's trying, new cooking techniques, how to use different ingredients, and everything else about food. Honestly, I've tried, and loved, a lot of her recipes. Having such a positive experience with her blog has made me want to do the same for others.

The biggest thing that she did to inspire me to start my blog was living with her last year. I was able to live in the tiny town of Orderville, Utah with my sister last summer. I was able to work at the local grocery store and spend time with my niece and nephews (the loves of my life).

My adorable niece and nephews: Henry (back), Macey, and Kimball. 

Along with that, I was able to be with her and see how she was running her blog. I helped make some of the recipes or come up with ideas, I saw how she took pictures and created her blog. And the best part, I got to try amazing food All summer long! 

She is also helping me fulfill my dream of having a blog just as fancy and popular as hers by: giving me advice, tips, ideas, and encouraging me to keep going. I feel so much love and support from her when it comes to working on my food blog, it makes me even more excited for the future and what I hope my blog becomes and does for other people. 

So, Thank you Melissa!! I love you dearly! :) 

1 comment: